Monday, June 10, 2013

What I wanna see at WWDC 2k13



Let's keep this really simple.  What do I wanna see at the WWDC today from SF?

1)  iOS 7 with a super funky UI refresh.  I wanna see it made available immediately, although I assume it'll be a week or so later.  The colours on the WWDC logo might relate to things here, though they remind me of Google's GMail Android app refresh.  (I like this concept idea from SimplyZesty on YouTube)


2)  Macbook Air/Pro refresh with Haswell processors.  If I'm honest, I've got a little fetish for the Macbook Air, and I'm in the market for a new laptop in the next month or two.  Would love to see a retina display on the Air alongside those spec upgrades.  By the way, please make 256Gb SSDs the bottom line standard, 128Gb cant fit all my shizzle on it, especially if I decide to use Bootcamp for my Windows 8 fix.  I know Cloud storage is funky and cool, but I still like locally stored shizdiz.  Yep.

3)  I saw in the schedule for WWDC that there's something about bringing apps for iOS to OS X.  Hmmm, is this another step towards the Windows Phone/8 unified-ness for Apple?  I hope so.  But I hope it's not a lame tacked on effort like 'Launchpad'.

4)  The new Mac Pro device to actually be a super phenomenal high powered hybrid beast.  I know this isnt gonna happen, but I'd like to see some new hardware in terms of totally new.

5) iRadio, I don't care.

6)  At least show us whether it's gonna be an iPhone 5S or an iPhone 6, or tell us the specs.  Just give us something.  Please Tim, please.

7)  Phil Schiller.  I love your enthusiasm, but your voice is annoying.  Please don't do a Keynote.  Cheers.

There's other things I wanna see, and I'm reallllllllly hoping that Apple will wow me and make it worth staying up late to stream it live.  Time will tell, and in less than 12 hours, I should be satisfied and gratified in a non innuendoish way.  Yes that's a made up word.

No comments:

Post a Comment