Tuesday, June 11, 2013

Glass shmass



Google Glass has been all over the news recently showing off it's cool potential uses, and lots of smiley faced Americans with awesome lives and the most colourful clothes purchasable.  At first I was drawn in, I though 'yeah i want some of those, awesome!'.  But now I've had chance to reflect and actually think about how I'd use Google Glass, I'm not so sure. In fact, I know that I don't want Google Glass.

Privacy issues are one of my main worries.  Yeah, all Prism revelation related things aside, Google are trying to attach cameras to people's lives without people even realising where their photos, videos, LIVES data are going and who can tap into it at any point (Barack, I'm looking at you).  I'm not gonna judge if there are evil intentions directly from Google, but things can only fall into the wrong hands when there are things available to fall into wrong hands; if you get my meaning.

People wearing Google Glass are going to alienate themselves because a) they look weird and b) people are gonna be more self aware when being around someone wearing the device...

Does anyone really need to record everything they're doing?  Or can people not reach into their pocket for their mobile device?  Who really needs this?  If you do, then I'd love to hear from you.as to why?


No comments:

Post a Comment