Monday, June 10, 2013

Tapped up by a game

splash screen

Ok, so while I'm twiddling my thumbs waiting for WWDC to get it's thing on, I'm periodically being reminded by my iPad Mini and my Galaxy Nexus to give some attention to Homer Simpson.

The Simpsons Tapped Out has been a part of my life for a few months now, and during that time I've plodded my way through the tasks by tapping the exclamation marks over the characters heads to send them to do the things that their character does, and chuckled to myself when their soundbite voices accompany all the fun.

Fun.  It is.  I can't explain the satisfaction of playing this game; I collect money and experience points (XP) and it's like when I was younger, I'd save all my pocket money up to buy the things that I wanted.  Only in this case it's things like Buddhist Temple to get Lenny and Karl in the game, or the latest El Chemistry restaurant to appease Comic Book Guy's urges (tapping on him sometimes results in "oooooh loneliness and cheeseburgers", which is my fave line he ever said).

I started out just playing this on my iPad, but I realised it was available on the Play Store too so I put it on my phone for those occasions when I'm iPad-less (or away from Wi-fi; I was cheap and didnt get the mobile version of the iPad).  Now I find myself playing it when I first wake up, and the last thing I do before going to sleep.  Also recommended it to my wife, now she's addicted too, although she's miles behind progress-wise.

I love how the updates are pushed to the app from the game's servers rather than requiring a new update from the App Store.  Super convenient, and regular updates for the relevant seasons with new tasks and collectables etc...

I uninstalled and blocked Candy Crush.  This game has taken it's mantle.  I recommend it.  Lots of fun.

available for iOS and Android

No comments:

Post a Comment