Thursday, June 26, 2014

Lenovo Miix 2 8 - Unboxing



I originally managed to get my hands on a Dell Venue Pro, despite it not being available in Singapore, and used it for a couple of months before parting company with it.  It had a grippy back but didn't feel cheap.  Even so I'd prefer something more metallic.

I was however missing the convenience of a tablet running full Windows 8.1! So I checked out the alternatives from Acer and Toshiba and of course Lenovo.  I managed to get the Miix 2 8 from Amazon.co.uk for £199 and for that price, I thought I couldn't really go wrong, surely?

The item was delivered promptly and came in a neat box which strangely has a different shaped lid so its not easy to open (why do companies do this?). But within the box there was the tablet, the license details for Student and Home edition of Microsoft Office, and the charger/cable.  Pretty plain sailing.



Tried to boot the device out of the box but it was dead, which was unusual as devices usually come with at least 20% for an initial boot. Anyway. I plugged in and switched on and we were away; standard Windows first boot. It took around 10 minutes to get through everything which struck me as slow, but ultimately was not an indicator of the device's actual speed, which we'll address in a future post...


 
 
 
 


Enjoy the pics and a full review will arrive soon!  ?:-D

No comments:

Post a Comment